Welcome to the web portal for the 2017 Annual Conference of the Research Committee on Poverty, Social Welfare and Social Policy. We look forward to meeting you in Chapel Hill for this event. On this site, you will find the conference program, as well as information about hotels, local transportation, and registration. If you have any questions, please contact RC19_2017@unc.edu.
Registration for the full conference and for the public panels is now open. Please click here to register.
Please follow this link for the June 14, 2017 update on the format of the conference from Dr. Evelyne Huber. Attached here you will find the May 11, 2017 email to participants from the Organizing Committee.
Visit our Jean Monnet web page for more information on our JM programming.
- Deborah Weissman -- Reef C. Ivey II Distinguished Professor of Law, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Paul Cuadros -- Associate Professor in the School of Media and Journalism, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Jonathan Oberlander -- Professor and Chair of Social Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Daniel Béland -- Professor of Political Science and Canada Research Chair in Public Policy, University of Saskatchewan
- Evelyne Huber -- Chair and Distinguished Professor, Department of Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- John Stephens -- Director, Center for European Studies & Gerhard E. Lenski, Distinguished Professor of Political Science & Sociology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill