Host an EU2U Workshop
EU2U Workshops are professional development sessions offered to educators and students at K-12 schools, community colleges, HBCU/MSIs, four-year universities and professional schools. The sessions focus on EU-related topics, helping to bolster participants’ understanding of Europe and the European Union. We also work with educational non-profits and businesses. Thanks to generous grants from the European Union and US Department of Education, we are able to come to your classroom or workplace free of cost.
Educational institutions, non-profits and businesses.
- Any North Carolina K-12 school, Community College, or MSI/HBCU.
- Local non-profits and businesses
- Priority will be given to underserved school districts/areas (Title I Schools, Community Colleges, HBCU/MSIs) and those beyond the Research Triangle.
FREE! No booking fees or travel expenses required.
- For K-12 educators, we cannot pay for subs. Please note this when scheduling.
Normally half-day workshops (generally about 2 hours).
- We are flexible on this if you have certain scheduling needs or want a more/less intensive session.
Your choice of European-related topic
- Initial introduction covers the basics about contemporary Europe and the European Union.
- The rest of the presentation is tailored to suit your interest. Previous topics covered include “EU101,” “Brexit’s Impact on the Local Business Community,” and “The History of Transatlantic Trade, Cooperation, and Investment”
CES staff member and/or UNC faculty member
- Lecture-based presentations (given the complex subject matter)
- Includes interactive activities, questions, and videos to make presentations as engaging as possible
If you would like to host an EU2U! session at your institution, please email Education Outreach Coordinator Brett Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From 2017-2019, EU2U workshops were supported by a Getting to Know Europe grant from the Delegation of the European Union to the United States.