Host an EU2U Training
Host an EU2U Training
As part of our concerted effort to spread knowledge about the European Union and contemporary Europe to North Carolina, the Center for European Studies (CES) offers EU2U training sessions on a wide variety of issues pertaining to the EU.
These professional development sessions are offered to educators and students at K-12 schools, community colleges, HBCU/MSIs, four-year universities and professional schools. We also work with educational non-profits and business with a European focus.
Guidelines and FAQs
Who Can Book a Session?
Educational institutions, non-profits and businesses.
- Any North Carolina school or department – K-12 or higher education.
- Local non-profits and businesses looking to expand their knowledge of contemporary Europe and the EU.
- Priority will be given to underserved school districts/areas (Title I Schools, Community Colleges, HBCU/MSIs) and those beyond the Research Triangle.
FREE! No booking fees or travel expenses required.
- For K-12 educators, we cannot pay for subs. Please note this when scheduling.
Normally half-day workshops (generally about 2 hours).
- We are flexible on this if you have certain scheduling needs or want a more/less intensive session.
Priority is PD trainings for teachers, faculty and administrators.
- We are open to also presenting to student and other audiences.
Europe + Your choice of topic
- Intro covers the basics about contemporary Europe and the European Union.
- The rest of the presentation is tailored to suit your needs. You have space in the request form to write about your interests. Previous topics covered include Brexit, the refugee crisis, trade, nationalism, etc.
CES staff member and/or UNC faculty member
- Lecture-based presentations (given the complex subject matter)
- Includes interactive activities, questions, and videos to make presentations as engaging as possible
What does CES ask of host organizations?
Help with scheduling & promotion!
- This means finding a topic, time and space that works for you and your colleagues. CES will create a digital flyer and sign-up sheet to pass along to help promote the event.
If you would like to host an EU2U! session at your institution, please complete this short interest form. A CES staff member will typically reach out to you within a few business days with further details. If you have other questions about these sessions, feel free to email email@example.com.