All of our events are open to the public! No matter who you are, you are welcome and we’d love to see you there.
To get updates from the Center, sign up for our biweekly newsletter “The Eurofile.”
- This event has passed.
Global Careers Workshop
January 28, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Join us for the first-ever Global Careers Workshop! The Center for European Studies will be hosting its own panel with two alumni and a current TAM student for students to ask questions about the job-seeking process. The schedule is as follows:
- 9:30-10:00am – Coffee and pastries (Atrium)
- 10:00-10:05am – Welcome remarks by Dr. Jonathan Hartlyn, Senior Associate Dean for Social Sciences and Global Programs (Nelson Mandela Auditorium)
- 10:05-11:20am – “The Employer’s Perspective:” General session with Dr. David Patton, Executive Vice President, American Councils for International Education (Nelson Mandela Auditorium)
- 11:30am-12:45pm – “The Applicant’s Perspective:” Breakout sessions led by UNC alumni according to world region
- Western Europe; Russia, Eurasia and East Europe; Middle East; Asia; Africa; Latin America
- 12:45-1:30pm – Pizza reception (Atrium). Mingle with speakers and meet with UNC Career Services
Acknowledgement of Support: This event has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this event are the sole responsibility of The UNC Center for European Studies and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union
Co-Sponsors and/or additional support provided by Center for Global Initiatives, Center for Slavic, Eurasian, and East European Studies, UNC African Studies Center, Carolina Center for the Study of the Middle East and Muslim Civilizations, UNC Institute for the Study of the Americas