All of our events are open to the public! No matter who you are, you are welcome and we’d love to see you there.
To get updates from the Center, sign up for our biweekly newsletter “The Eurofile.”
- This event has passed.
Team Europe Working Around the Clock: How the EU and Its Member States Are Supporting the Global Fight against the Coronavirus
June 10, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:15 am
This event is organized by the German Marshall Fund of the United States. For the most updated information and registration, visit their web event page.
The German Marshall Fund of the United States invites you to a timely virtual conversation focused on “Team Europe,” the European Union’s global response to the coronavirus pandemic. Since the beginning of this crisis, the EU has been a leader at the forefront in its neighborhood and internationally, providing humanitarian assistance, supporting partners, and addressing the serious challenges posed by the pandemic. The EU’s coordinated approach as “Team Europe” has also led efforts to create international solidarity and strengthen global cooperation to address instability and insecurity created by the pandemic. Our conversation with the EU’s director-general for International Cooperation and Development (DEVCO), director-general for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), and the director-general for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations (NEAR) will focus on the EU’s far-reaching global efforts in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East to provide critical coronavirus related assistance. Join us to learn more about Team Europe and the EU’s global coronavirus strategy going forward and how coordinated EU assistance efforts are having an immediate impact, including saving lives, protecting populations, and addressing the economic fallout of the pandemic.
- Christian Danielsson, Director-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR), European Commission
- Koen Doens, Director-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO), European Commission
- Paraskevi Michou, Director-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO), European Commission
- Stavros Lambrinidis, Ambassador of the European Union to the United States, European External Action Service
- Karen Donfried, President, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
- Jonathan Katz, Senior Fellow, Frontlines of Democracy Initiative, The German Marshall Fund of the United States
If you have any questions, please contact John Alexander at email@example.com.