All of our events are open to the public! No matter who you are, you are welcome and we’d love to see you there.
To get updates from the Center, sign up for our biweekly newsletter “The Eurofile.”
- This event has passed.
Ethical Concerns and Global Research: Contemporary Europe in Focus
January 22, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This student panel will explore ethical concerns related to global research. Research has historically been framed as the production of new knowledge. But what happens when researchers based in one region are producing knowledge about another? What’s the impact of interviewing research subjects across different regions, and presenting the collected information in different social, political, and cultural contexts? How should the information be framed and used? Student researchers will relate how they have negotiated these questions in their own research abroad and at UNC. A moderated Q&A will follow.
- Lucía Mock | UNC School of Education
- Doctoral Student, Cultural Studies and Literacies
- Service Chair, Graduate Student Association
- Member of UNC Latinx Education Research Hub
- Read this UNC Global feature on her research with refugees in Lebanon.*
- Shreya Parikh | UNC Department of Sociology
- Doctoral Student
- Read up on her summer 2018 research in France.*
- Kellan Robinson | UNC Class of 2020
- Contemporary European Studies & Global Studies Major
- Minors in French & African American and Diaspora Studies
- Read our Q&A with her on her summer 2019 self-designed research project about multidimensional Blackness in Europe.*
*The linked features were published in 2018 and 2019. Please come to the panel to hear more updated information on the panelists’ research!
This event is co-sponsored by European Horizons at Carolina and the UNC Latinx Education Research Hub.
Please visit these guidelines for information on weeknight parking on campus.