Debate Europe's Challenges with EU & NATO Leaders!
We are pleased to inform you that applications are now open for the Brussels Summer School for Young Leaders with a theme of ‘EU as a Global Actor’ that will be held at Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB) in Brussels from 26 June – 1 July 2016.
As a leading Summer School held in the ‘Capital of Europe’, the one-week program aims to immerse undergraduate and postgraduate university students as well as young professionals into the theory and practice of EU policymaking. Through a series of lectures, debates, workshops and study trips to different EU institutions, the ‘EU as a Global Actor’: Brussels Summer School for Young Leaders provides the participants with a policymaker’s ‘insider’ perspective into how the European Union and its leaders deal with the closely interlinked key contemporary security, economic and political challenges facing the block.
The program builds upon our strong links with Brussels-based institutions and organizations. The lectures and discussions will be conducted, among others, by the following senior EU policy-makers and diplomats, top NATO officials and leading academic experts:
- General Petr Pavel (Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, NATO Headquarters)
- Roderick Abbott (former Deputy Director-General at DG Trade, EC, and WTO)
- Professor Eberhard Rhein (former chef de cabinet to the EU Commission VP)
- Dr Petr Lunak (Deputy Head, NATO Public Diplomacy Division, NATO Headquarters)
- Jan-Willem Blankert (Special Advisor ASEAN, Coordinator EU-China Relations, EC)
- Andreas List (Senior EU diplomat, former Head of the EU Office in Myanmar)
- Xavier Nuttin (Senior Analyst, European Parliament, Brussels)
- Dr Elena Atanassova-Cornelis (University of Antwerp & Catholique de Louvain)
- Professor Paul Joseph Lim (University of Tübingen, Germany)
- Professor Adam Dolnik (University of Wollongong, Australia)
The Brussels Summer School will broaden your knowledge of how the European Union functions and how it deals with different security, economic and political challenges it faces in today’s increasingly complex international system. Packed also with simulation games, study visits to EU institutions and a careers workshop, this one-week of academic and life-enhancing immersion in Brussels will ultimately expand your professional, academic and social networks to help enhance your future career prospects. All participants will receive ‘Certificate of Participation’ confirming active and successful completion of the Brussels Summer School.
You can find more detailed information about the Brussels Summer School here: http://www.glstudyabroad.com
Kindly do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.